Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Favorite Honey Bars by Vanna M.

I know I posted 2 cookies on the same day, but I have a big family and the kids take a cookie every day in their lunch, so we eat them quick.  I actually made the other cookies a few weeks ago and I decided to make these because they sounded easy.  Only, my honey had gone to sugar.  I didn't want to wait, so I melted it quick and put it in melted.  It seemed to work fine.  It was definitely easier to measure.

The cookies came out chewy and moist, you can definitely taste the honey, but they are missing something.  I don't know if they need chocolate chips or cinnamon or what.  They are almost really good.  I had some leftover penoche frosting in the fridge, so I tried that, and it isn't the answer.  I gave them 2.5 stars because they have definite potential, but they need some experimentation.





Favorite Honey Bars by Vanna M.

1/2 c shortening
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c honey
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c rolled oats
1 c coconut
nuts (optional)

Cream shortening, sugar, and honey until it is light and fluffy.  Add egg and vanilla.  Sift flour, soda, and salt, and add to creamed mixture.  Add oats, coconut, and nuts if desired.  Spread in a 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment