Friday, April 26, 2013

Apple Crisp Topping by Barbara B

This was excellent, although I'd make a slight adjustment to the recipe.  The instructions don't specify what size pan to use, so I assumed that it was for a 9x13 cake pan.  I didn't want too much of it, so I halved the recipe and used an 8x8 pan.  It was A LOT of topping.  I wonder if the recipe was for a large cookie sheet. It doesn't include any instructions for the apples, so I used 3 large granny smith apples.  I added some lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the apples until they tasted good raw.  It seemed to work because they tasted good cooked, too.  I only added the lemon juice so the apples wouldn't go brown when my kids interrupted. If I was doing it again, I'd halve the topping recipe, then use 6 large granny smith apples in a 9x13 pan.  I love the topping on apple crisp, and I didn't think I could ever have too much of it, but there really was just too much.


Apple Crisp Topping by Barbara B.
3/4 C soft butter
2 1/4 C sugar
1 C dry milk
2 1/4 C flour
Mix together until thoroughly mixed.  Put on top of sweetened apples, and bake for 45 minutes to an hour at 350 degrees.

For apples, use 6 large granny smiths, sliced, spiced, and sweetened, then halve the topping recipe and use 9x13 pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment