Monday, April 8, 2013

Bon Bon Cookies - Mildred M

I was not overly impressed with the finished product.  I think I mixed it too long .  My hands are so hot that if I used my hands the butter would melt and all the dough would stick to my hands so I used the food processor.  They were very hard when cooked and not enough flavor.  The recipe says to make a center if you want and put dough around it.  So.........o, I tried a date, almonds and left some dough just plain.   I iced them with the chocolate frosting as listed and the flavors of all three clashed.The icing has little flavor also.  It needs some butter and salt or something.  I baked about 12 min.

 
This is what happens when you try, as suggested by someone I really love, to put left over fondant inside the dough.  It becomes a really sweet and yummy mess when it cools.  I thought a lot about what I may have done wrong.  I have decided if I ever make them again, I will add some chopped pecans and mix them into the dough with the flour then roll them in finely chopped pecans it would probably taste like a Pecan Sandie and be really good.    If anyone has had these and can let me know what was wrong, please do.

BON BON COOKIES

1/2 C. Soft Butter                                                  Food Coloring - optional
3/4 C. Powdered Sugar                                         1 T Vanilla 
1/8 tsp. Salt                                                           1 or 2 Tbs. Cream
1  1/2 C. Sifted Flour

Mix butter, sugar, vanilla, salt and food coloring together.  Mix flour in with hands.  If dough is dry add cream.  Make a center if you want and put dough around it.  Put 1" apart on ungreased baking sheet.  Bake until set but not brown  approx. 10 to 12 min.  Dip tops of warm cookies in icing below.  Decorate with nuts, coconut, fruit or chocolate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment