Thursday, April 4, 2013

Chocolate Pecan Roll - Helen J

Horrid photo, I know.  I must admit, I was a little disappointed by this recipe.  I figured, chocolate, butterscotch chips, and sweetened condensed milk, and nuts, how can it go wrong.  And, while it didn't really go wrong, I would prefer Grandma's pecan log or plain fudge.  This was good, and very sweet, but it just wasn't what I wanted.  That said, it is insanely easy (unless you melt the chips in the microwave for too long and they burn and melt the bowl -- not that that happened or anything....)  That said, it was a perfect Christmas treat when you are in a pinch for time.

Chocolate Pecan Roll
6 oz (1 C) milk chocolate chips
6 oz (1 C) butterscotch chips
2/3 C sweetened condensed milk
1/2 C chopped pecans

Melt chips together (over hot water or in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time - not 1 minute).  Stir in milk then stir in nuts.  Chill until firm enough to handle or just pour onto wax paper and roll into a log.  Refrigerate until firm and then slice.

No comments:

Post a Comment