Friday, February 1, 2013

Peach Cobbler-Helen J.




Who doesn't love cobbler? I was in a hurry last night and this looked like the most easy of my choices. Sometimes cobbler can be too sweet for my tastes, but this recipe is just right for me. I would even leave the sugar out of the filling part next time. I would cook it a bit longer, since the biscuit part was a little slimy on the bottom. Very good warm, or for breakfast the next morning. I can't wait for some warmer weather so I can try this outside in the Dutch Oven. 4 stars.

Filling-

2 Cups Sliced Peaches (I just used a quart of bottled peaches)
1/4 Cup sugar
3 T lemon juice
1 Cup Peach Juice (Also from the quart of peaches)
1 T butter

Mix together, cut up butter and sprinkle on top. 

Crust-

11/2 Cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 T Baking Powder
1/2 Cup milk
1 T sugar
1/3 Cup shortening
1 egg well beaten

Combine flour, salt, BP and sugar. Cut in shortening, add milk and egg and mix. Drop by teaspoon full onto filling. Sprinkle with Nutmeg and Sugar. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.


No comments:

Post a Comment