Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Barbecued Beef Patties - Myrtle R.


When I saw this recipe I was excited.  We love hamburgers and BBQ sauce, I thought it would be great. Instead, it was just so-so.  The meat was really runny.  I was making dinner for us and another family so I doubled the recipe, and it made about 1 1/2 what we needed.  Since it calls for 2 C of evap "mink" or milk, that seemed like a lot, so i just used 3 cups (2 cans) with my doubling of the recipe.  I think if I had added the other 1 C it would have been soup and have never held together.  Then when I made the sauce, it turned out REALLY tangy.  More of a sweet and sour sauce than a BBQ sauce.  Some of my kids thought it was weird, I thought it was just ok.  If I made it again, I would do about 1 C milk (when 1x's recipe) and use your own favorite BBQ sauce diluted a little.

BBQ Beef Patties
1 lb ground beef
1/2 C rolled oats
2 C evap "mink"/milk or light cream (I'd start with 1 C and add as necessary)
1 T chopped onion
1 t salt
1/8 t pepper

Mix together well and form into patties, it will thicken as you stir.  Fry in hot fat/oil for 10 min.

SAUCE
4 T worcestershire sauce
2 T vinegar
4 t sugar
2/3 C catsup
1/3 C water
1/4 C onion, chopped

Add sauce to meat in skillet and cook for 15 minutes, turn patties often.

No comments:

Post a Comment