Thursday, February 14, 2013

Sandwich Fillings by Helen J.

There are 12 sandwich suggestions in this recipe.  Some of them I KNOW are yummy, like the BLT or Ham and Cheese.  Others, I will NEVER make, like chicken livers, bacon & salad dressing.  So we experimented with #12 and #7, the Dagwood Special, and the Eggs with Tuna.  My hubby really liked the Dagwood Special.  He said it was on par with a roast beef & cheese.  And Brent really likes roast beef & cheese.

I thought the Eggs with Tuna was okay, but I'd rather just have tuna with pickles and mayo.













All together, I would score the recipe a 3.5.  I would just give it a 3, but how could I possibly score a BLT that low?  Especially one made with garden tomatoes in August.  Here's the complete list of sandwiches:

Sandwich Filling Suggestions by Helen J.
1.  Slices of tomatoes, broiled bacon, shredded lettuce and salad dressing
2.  Chicken livers (cooked, mashed), broiled bacon, and salad dressing
3.  Sliced cheese, ham, shredded lettuce, mayo, and mustard
4.  Sliced cheese, tomato, and mayo
5.  Peanut butter with finely shredded cabbage and carrot
6.  Hard cooked eggs and olives chopped, mixed with mayo
7.  Hard cooked eggs and pickle, tuna chopped and mixed with mayo
8.  Chopped celery and nuts mixed with mayo
9.  Mashed baked beans, sliced tomato, and lettuce
10.  Drained cottage cheese, chopped green onion
11.  Creamed cheese, chopped green and red peppers
12.  Dagwood Special: Sliced ham, salami, bologna, cheese, tomato, chopped lettuce, and mayo

1 comment:

  1. You are braver than me, I don't know that I could eat tuna and eggs together.

    ReplyDelete