Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Japanese Style Hamburgers by Mary S.

We made these for our Memorial Day barbeque and they were very yummy.  Basically, they are meatloaf with soy sauce.  It is an interesting mix of Asian and American cuisine, but it works.   I was afraid they might fall apart on the grill, but they held together very well.  I think it would also be yummy if you wanted to just use the recipe for meatloaf.  




Japanese Style Hamburgers, by Mary S.

2 lbs ground beef
2 eggs
1 small chopped onion
1 T garlic salt
1 1/2 c bread crumbs
2 T sugar (I just realized that I forgot to add this, it would probably be good either way)
1/2 c tapioca (I used the quick cooking type)
1/4 c soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 c cracker crumbs

Squish it all together and form into patties.  Fry or cook on the grill.  Makes 16 bun size patties.

No comments:

Post a Comment