Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Beef and Potato Loaf - Beth G



When I saw this recipe I knew it would be tasty.  And is right.  It was kind of tin foil dinner-esc.  My only complaint was there was too much ketchup.  It was tasty, but I prefer my ketchup on the side.  My favorite part about this recipe is its versatility.  Next time I am going to use mom's meat loaf recipe.  Another recipe I thought is to simplify the mean and add rosemary to the potatoes.  My mouth is watering as I type!

Beef & Potato Loaf
4 C thinly sliced potatoes
1 T chopped onion
1/4 C ketchup or chili sauce
1/8 t pepper
1 lb ground beef
3/4 C evaporated milk
1/2 C rolled oats
1 t salt
1/4 C chopped onion

Preheat oven to 350Place potatoes in the bottom of a greased 11x7 baking dish.  Top with 1 T chopped onion.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Mix remaining ingredients and spread evenly over potatoes.  Bake for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.  4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment