Monday, October 28, 2013

Rice Sausage Casserole - Jenny S.

I really liked the overall flavor of this dish.  I made one big mistake.  In the era this recipe book was printed I don't know how often they could get pre-spiced sausage.  I remember mom always adding her own blend of spice.  I purchased Jimmy Dean original sausage thinking it would be ok.  I was wrong.  If unseasoned is available it might be better.  With the salt in the sausage, celery, and the soup it was too much salt.  I even left out the dash of salt.  I would make this again because my grandchildren ate it well and I liked it to.  The soup has just enough color so the casserole was pleasing and appetizing.

Rice Sausage Casserole - Jenny S.

1  lb. Sausage                                               3  Cans Chicken Rice Soup
2  C. Diced Celery                                       1/2  C. Raw Rice
2  C. Diced Onion                                        Dash Salt (optional)

Brown sausage.  Add onions and brown.  Add celery and brown again.  Add  rice and soup and mix well.  Pour into a casserole dish.  Bake 2 hours at 350o F.  Approximately 8 servings.



No comments:

Post a Comment