Monday, October 14, 2013

Carrot Raisin Bread - Veda M.

I was excited to get this recipe.  I have actually used part of this recipe before.  I have referred to it for the blend of spices when I have used my own bread recipe to make carrot raisin bread.  I found it interesting the amount of salt.  The dough tasted quite salty.  The finished bread does not.  I suppose the raisins and carrots temper it.  I also questioned the baking time.  It seemed a little long.  It is not.  (I used a glass bread pan and adjusted the temperature down 20-25 degrees as usual for glass).  The carrots and raisins are cooked better than when I have just adapted mine.I will definitely use this recipe in the future when I want carrot raisin bread.  It was better than using my own recipe and adapting it like I have in the past.  I can't wait for my breakfast toast!




Carrot Raisin Bread - Veda M.

1  C. Milk                                                         6  1/2  C. Flour
2  T. Sugar                                                       1  C. Raisins
1  T. Salt                                                          1  tsp. Cinnamon
1  1/2 Tb. Lard or Shortening                           1/4  tsp. Allspice
1  Egg                                                              2  C. Grated Raw Carrots
1  Tbs. Yeast in 1 C Warm Water                    1/4  tsp. Cloves

Scald milk and add sugar, salt and shortening.  Cool to lukewarm, add yeast and remaining ingredients.  Mix well until dough becomes a soft but not too sticky dough.  Let rise to double.  Form into 2 loaves and let rise until about double in size or just a little less.  Bake 350o F. for 1 hour.



No comments:

Post a Comment