Monday, October 21, 2013

Caramel Topping for Sundaes- Lillian G


I have decided
there are two
types of caramel
topping.  There
is creamy (Mrs.
Richardson) or
just caramely
(Smuckers).
Which one do you want is the question to ask.  This
variety is Smuckers.  I did use milk not cream.  It is yummy and smooth.   the flavor is very good.  I did have to put it back on the heat to finish dissolving the sugar.  I think my brown sugar was packed a bit too much because it had a hard time dissolving (I probably had 1/4 C. too much).  But my personal favorite is creamy topping like using Grandma M.'s caramel recipe and just don't cook it as long as you do for popcorn balls or caramels.  (Mrs Richardson variety.)

Caramel Topping for Sundaes - Lillian G.

2  Tbs. Butter                                             1  C. Brown Sugar
1  Tbs. Karo Syrup (corn syrup)                 1/2  C. Milk or Light Cream
1  tsp.  Vanilla

Melt butter, add syrup and sugar.  Cook over medium heat, stirring enough not to let it stick.. Let bubble briskly for about 1 min.  Take off heat and stir in the milk or cream and vanilla.  If this does not dissolve put back on low heat but do not boil as it will curdle.

No comments:

Post a Comment