Monday, January 7, 2013

Banana Bread-Marilyn A

I am going to Dads this weekend so I did both kinds.  The left is gluten free the right is the regular recipe.
GF-I added 1 extra egg and 1/4 tsp. Xantham Gum.  Both loaves of bread have excellent flavor.  The texture is more a cake like texture.  Maybe because I used my food processor not mixer.  I decided to do this so the whole experience would be new.  I didn't have to pre-moosh the bananas it was great!  As you can see the baking time or temperature was not the best.  I would drop the temperature a little so it doesn't get as dark. The recipe is only a "3" because I know better.  Let's get REAL, how can you ever beat Grandma Helen's recipe?  Great bakers all are we!!!!!

 Banana Bread - 1 loaf
1 C Sugar                      2 C Flour                       
1/2 C Butter                   1 tsp Soda
1/4 tsp Salt                     1/8 C Nuts
2 eggs                            Combine all ingredients in order listed.  Mix well.
2 large bananas               Pour in greased loaf pan.  Bake 350 F. 45-50 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment