Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Tossed Salad (Chicken) by Romaine F.

Following directions
The title made me think this is a green salad, but it isn't.  This is a pasta salad.  We liked it, but we thought the dressing could use something more.  I left out the pimientos because I don't have any and adding them severely decreases the number of people willing to try this.  I don't think they add much flavor, just color, so I added some carrots and olives instead, for color (and flavor).





With added carrots and olives

Tossed Salad by Romaine F.

4 c hot water
2 T granulated chicken bouillon
1 qt salad dressing
1 1/2 lbs cooked elbow macaroni, cooled but not refrigerated
1 1/2 qts frozen peas
3 lbs cooked, diced chicken
7 c diced celery
16 hard boiled eggs
1 small jar pimientos

Dissolve bouillon in water and beat into the salad dressing.  Stir everything together.  Refrigerate for a few hours.  Serve in lettuce cups or scooped out tomatoes. (Presentation meant a lot more to these ladies.  I just put a scoop of the salad on the plate.)  Serves 50.

No comments:

Post a Comment