Sunday, December 8, 2013

Marshmallow Fudge Bars - Mary Mae N.

Once again I forgot to take a photo.  I took them to Pack meeting and they were almost gone and then the locusts at my house finished them off.  That said, they were not amazing.  In the future I would use my favorite brownie recipe and then add the marshmallows and frosting.  The brownie portion was dry and kind of flavorless and way too many pecans, and that is saying a lot coming from me.  There copes.so says to freeze the bars before frosting, but we just frosted them once they were cool and it worked fine.

Marshmallow Fudge Bars

3/4 C All purpose flour
1/4 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
2 T cocoa
1/2 C shortening
3/4 C sugar
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
1/2 C chopped pecans
12 soft lg marshmallows

Combine dry ingredients,  Cream shortening, sugar, and vanilla.  Blend in eggs one at a time, mix well after each.  Add dry ingredients and mix well.  Add nuts.  Spread in a greased and floured 12x8 (11.5x8) pan.  Bake for 25-30 minutes.  Cut marshmallows in half and place cut side down on baked brownies and return to oven for 3 minutes.  Cool then frost with chocolate frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment