Monday, December 23, 2013

Easy Peach Salad - Romain F.

I obviously was not excited to do this one.  I was going to use fresh peaches and forgot until they were gone.  Today I decided to do my last salad.  I was not able to put horseradish and peaches together in my mind.  Besides it is suppose to feed A LOT of people and I didn't want to waste a lot of fruit.  But, I found a way to make it for just 2 people.  I used just a touch of the ingredients.  I used prepared horseradish (1/16th of a teaspoon)   We were pleasantly surprised.  Not something I would look forward to, but it was OK.  It is pretty to look at in a bowl and would add interest to a set table.  It's kind of like spiced cool whip and peaches.
Easy Peach Salad - Romain F.

50  Peach Halves                                                       1  Pint Whipped Cream
1/4  C. Horseradish (drained)                                     1  tsp. Salt
2  tsp. Vinegar                                                           2  Tbs. Sugar
Lettuce Leaves

Fold all ingredients except peaches into whipped cream.  Place peach halves on lettuce leaf and fill peaches with a spoonful of cream mixture.  Yield, 50 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment