Tuesday, December 17, 2013

5 Pound Fudge by Mildred M. and Della G.

I hear Della was a great candy maker, so I had high hopes for this recipe.  She did not disappoint.  The fudge is delicious.  My only complaint is that if I am going to make fudge out of marshmallow cream and chocolate chips, I don't want to mess with cooking and stirring a syrup until it reaches soft ball stage.  If I have to go to that hassle, I will just make my old fashioned recipe with cream and everything.  So, I am giving it a 3 because the flavor is great, but it isn't as easy as the new recipes with the same ingredients.


5 Pound Fudge by Mildred M. and Della G.

4 1/2 c sugar
1 large can evaporated milk
1/3 c butter
1 tsp vanilla
8 oz marshmallow cream
2 packages chocolate chips
1 c nuts

Cook sugar, milk, and butter, in a saucepan, to soft ball stage.  Remove from heat and add everything else.  Stir just enough to melt everything.  Pour into a greased or wax paper lined pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment