Monday, November 11, 2013

Unbaked Cookies - Della G.

There are many different versions of these cookies.  I haven't tasted one I didn't like.  I have tried some that didn't set up very well but these are a great kind of fast, fun, yummy and not messy cookie.  I made them and delivered them to our home teaching families within a half hour of completion.  They set up well and were still soft and yummy the following day.  I was impressed.  The only negative comment I received was, "These have peanut butter in them, don't they.  I like them better without PB."  I consider this a winning recipe as long as PB isn't a problem in your world.  Sorry Natalie and Stephanie.  You better steer clear of these!

Unbaked Cookies - Della G.

3  C. Minute Oatmeal                                            2  C. Sugar
6  Tbs. Sifted Cocoa                                             1/2  C. Milk
1  Tbs. Vanilla                                                       1  Cube Margarine or Butter
                                                                             1/2  C. Peanut Butter

Mix oatmeal, cocoa and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.  Boil sugar, milk and margarine (butter) at rolling boil for 1 minute.  Stir in peanut butter until dissolved.  Pour over oatmeal mixture.  Stir until well mixed, quickly drop them by tsp. or Tbs. on waxed paper and let cool.  Makes approx. 24,  2" wide cookies (used Tbs.).

No comments:

Post a Comment