Thursday, November 14, 2013

Banana Cookies by Maurine G

These were good enough.  If you have extra bananas and want to bake something quick and easy, these will work.  Start to finish, it took less than an hour, including baking time.  I didn't ice them, as the directions say, though, because then my son wouldn't be able to eat them.

The cookies have the consistency of an applesauce cookie (as I expected) and a very strong banana flavor.  I don't enjoy strong banana flavors, so I don't really like the cookies.  But all three of my kids love them.  Ben even learned to say banana cookie so he could ask for seconds.

Banana Cookies by Maurine G
3/4 C shortening
3/4 C sugar
1 egg
1/2 t banana flavoring (I left this out since I don't have any, and they still had a very strong banana flavor)
1/4 t salt (I just realized the directions have a big T for tablespoon, but I put in 1/4 teaspoon, and it worked well)
2 mashed bananas
2 1/2 C sifted flour
2 t soda

Cream shortening and sugar.  Add egg, flavor, salt and bananas.  Add flour and soda.  Drop by tsp on greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 375 degrees until light brown (9 minutes).  Frost with brown sugar frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment