Monday, November 18, 2013

Deacon Burgers - Raymond C.

 
 This recipe has unique instructions.  It says to mix it up and cook it at Bubbly Rocks.  I tried several weekends to make it to Bubbly Rocks to cook it and when I finally did I forgot my outdoor stove to cook them.  Soooo.  I went to Bubbly Rocks, took some pictures, then went to Dads to make and cook the burgers.  I enjoyed the trip and so did Dad.  He kept shaking his head like I was crazy.  He didn't understand the importance of trying to follow
the instructions as written in the book.  It made for a fun ride.  Whenever you drive Dad out there he starts talking about his time in politics or about growing up in the valley or just fun things about the area.  I know that Dad enjoyed the adventure and loved the ride.  These burgers are really good except they needed salt in the meat mixture not just on top.  With the meat and potatoes the salt did not blend well enough.  It is a yummy and nutritious  meat.  I chose to grill some onions to put on the top because I love onions.  As you can see with a bright vegetable it made a very appetizing meal. 

Deacon Burgers - Raymond C.

1  lb. Hamburger                                        2  Beaten Eggs
1/2  C. Diced Raw Potatoes (1/4" sq.)        1/2  C. Milk
Salt and Pepper to taste                              Flour or Cornstarch to bind mixture

Mix it all together and add enough flour (or cornstarch for GF) to make it stick together.  Make into patties.  Fry in grease over a campfire at Bubbling Rocks.



No comments:

Post a Comment