Friday, March 22, 2013

Strawberry Sparkle Punch by Louise M

This punch was easy, quick, and not expensive, which means I'll probably be serving it at the next opportunity.  It was very good, too.  I wasn't able to do a picture, but it's dark pink in color and almost opaque.  I'm sure our grandmother served this to me at least once out of one of her MANY punch bowls, but I don't remember.  My kids were served straight from the blender, since the 1/4 batch fit in there just fine.

Strawberry Sparkly Punch
2 C fresh strawberries, hulled
1 3 oz package strawberry flavor gelatin
1 C boiling water
1 quart cranberry juice cocktail
1 6 oz. can frozen lemonade
3 C cold water
1 28 oz bottle 7up

Put berries in blender on low speed until fruit is pureed.  Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.  Stir in lemonade until melted.  Add cold water, juice, chilled and pureed strawberries.  Pour over ice in large punch bowl.  Slowly pour in chilled 7up or ginger ale.  Makes 30 (small) servings.  Also delicious made with raspberries.  Frozen fruit may be used if fresh are not available.

No comments:

Post a Comment