Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Marble Brownies- From Improvement Era

These were a little bit misnamed.  I had a really hard time getting the brownie dough to marble in the pan.  I'm not sure what technique I should have used, but I would name mine layered brownies, super yummy layered brownies.  I give them 4 stars, but my husband only gives them 3.  He is a brownie snob and only wants brownies that are 100% chocolate.

The recipe doesn't say what kind of baking chocolate to use, so I used unsweetened.  Without thinking, I accidentally licked my finger and it was definitely unsweetend.  I think you could use semi-sweet or chocolate chips if you want.



Marble Brownies - From Improvement Era

1 c shortening
2 c sugar
4 eggs
2 c flour
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 sq melted chocolate
1/2 c salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 c chopped nuts

Cream shortening and sugar.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Add vanilla.
Add dry ingredients and nuts.  Divide dough in half.  Add melted chocolate to one half.  Spread chocolate dough in the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.  Cover with the regular batter, swirl.  Bake 40 minutes at 300.  Frost with fudge frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment