Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Banana Frappe and Thumbprint Cookies

I am the only one who had 2 recipes in the Wedding section so I decided to make both.  The kids loved it!

I have never met a frappe I didn't like, and this was no exception.  It would make a great smoothie too.



Banana Frappe by Helen J.

6 c water
3 c sugar
6 oz. can frozen orange juice concentrate
juice of 2 lemons (about 1/2 c)
6 c pineapple juice
5 ripe bananas
3-4 2 liter bottles 7-up or Sprite

Bring sugar and water to boil, cool.  Mash the bananas or puree them in the blender.  Stir sugar-water, bananas, and fruit juices together.  Freeze in a shallow container so it will break up better.  To serve, mix together with 7-up.  Makes 1 gallon of fruit mixture.






 I am not sure why these cookies ended up in the wedding section instead of the cookie section.  Maybe Maurine was known for them and made them for everyone's wedding.  They would be really cute at a wedding reception.  They are bite size, and you could make the frosting to match any color scheme.  I used chocolate because it was leftover in the fridge and because my it is my husband's favorite.  I don't like nuts, so I left them off a few of the cookies.  It is interesting to see how much more the cookies spread when they aren't dipped in the egg whites.  So, if you don't want to coat them in nuts, dip them in the egg whites anyway.


Thumb Print Cookies 
by Maurine G.

1/2 c butter or margerine
1/4 c brown sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla
1 c flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 slightly beaten egg white
3/4 c chopped nuts

Cream butter and sugar, add egg yolk and vanilla.  Stir in flour and salt.  Make 1 inch balls.  Dip in egg white and roll in nuts.  Bake at 375 for 5 minutes.  Remove from oven and press your thumb in the top of each cookie.  Return to oven to continue baking for 7-8 more minutes.  Cool.  Fill thumbprint with frosting.  Makes 2 dozen.




No comments:

Post a Comment