Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Frappe - Lillian G.


I found this recipe to be simple and easy.  The water amounts are listed separately for a reason.  The instructions are clear and simple.  The slush is quite sweet and has a slight pineapple flavor so it could go with about anything.  I was going to serve it for family night but our friends were unable to make it so I didn't do it until this morning.  Sorry I am late posting. I thought I would try something fun to see if  food coloring added interest to the look.  I dropped a drop of red color on top of the slush before I poured the 7up over.  I mixed it just a little and look what I got.  The yellow is without added color so I poured the two together.  And didn't mix it.  This could make a fun and pretty drink for a smaller party or shower.  If doing several cups I would chill the 7up/Ginger Ale and cups first, the slush melts quite quickly.  I was going to serve it for family night but our friends were unable to make it so I didn't do it until this morning.  Sorry I am late posting.

FRAPPE - Lillian G.

1 envelope Gelatin                                                    9 C. Cold Water
1/2  C. Cold Water                                                  6 C Pineapple Juice
5 C. Sugar                                                               1 tsp. Salt
3 C. Water                                                              6 Tbs. Lemon Juice
1 to 2,   2 Lt rs. Ginger Ale, 7up or Limeade (amount would depend on how far you want to stretch it.)

Dissolve gelatin in 1/2 C cold water, let sit about 5 min.  Boil sugar and 3 C water for 3 min.  Take from heat and add softened gelatin to hot syrup.  Add 9 C cold water, juice, salt and lemon juice.  Mix well.  Freeze without stirring.  To serve, mash with potato masher.  Add ginger ale to desired consistency.  One large bottle added to recipe makes 30 punch cup size servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment