Monday, September 23, 2013

Snickerdoodles - Maurine G. & Chocolate Tea Cookies


I like Snickerdoodles but I am on the eternal quest to find the SOFT Snickerdoodles I have tasted somewhere.  These are not it.  These are quite hard.  The flavor is not very distinct and they are very crumbly.  I found after I tasted one it left a greasy feeling in your mouth.  For a snickerdoodle, this is what a lot of them are like, they're OK.  I guess I expect toooo much from my cookie.  I apparently had tried these before because I had written in to add extra flour.  The recipe as written must make cow pie type cookies.  You know the ones that spread out and are thin and crunchy.  The extra  flour (1/3 C.) really did not improve it very much. 

Snickerdoodles - Maurine G.

1  C. Shortening                                                      2  2/3  C. Sifted Flour
1  1/2  C. Sugar                                                      2  tsp. Cream of Tarter
2  Eggs                                                                   1/4  tsp. Salt
                                                                              1  tsp.  Baking Soda

Cream shortening and sugar.  Add eggs and mix well.  Sift dry ingredients together and Mix into the shortening sugar mixture.  Roll into balls size of walnuts.  Roll balls in a mixture of:
2  Tbs. Sugar                                                          1  tsp. Cinnamon
Place 2" apart on an ungreased baking sheet.  Bake until lightly browned 10 - 12 min. in a 400o F. oven.


No comments:

Post a Comment