Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Macaroni and Bologna Salad by Loleen G.

When I looked at this recipe, it was similar to the macaroni salad I usually make, so it sounded good.  I also like that it tells you to use the meat you want and add any vegetable you want to.  I didn't have bologna because we don't like it, so I used ham.  I also added carrots, olives, and crookneck squash.  I added some salt, pepper, and Johnny's Season Salt to the sauce, as well as some mustard.  You could argue that I really didn't make this recipe, but it is the base and I just added to it.  Based on Loleen's instructions, I think she would like my creativity.


Macaroni and Bologna Salad by Loleen G.

1 pkg salad-roni
4 hard-boiled eggs, diced
4 slices bologna, diced
1 bunch of green onions, sliced

Cook and cool the macaroni according to package directions.  Add the eggs, meat and onions.  Mix with enough salad dressing (Miracle Whip) to make a moist salad.  Cover with foil and refrigerate several hours before serving, to allow the flavors to blend.  Serves aboud 24.  You may substitute any kind of meat for the bologna, or add additional vegetables for variation.

No comments:

Post a Comment