Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Butterscotch Oatmeal Drops by Marjorie C.

I'm not a huge fan of oatmeal cookies, but these were really good.  The name made me think they had butterscotch chips in them or something, but I think it just refers to the brown sugar.  They cook really hot, and I think I might turn the oven down a little next time.  Some of the cookies were cripy on the outside and doughy in the middle.  My oven is gas so it doesn't cook as even, it might not be a problem in an electric or convection oven.



Butterscotch Oatmeal Drops by Marjorie C.

1 1/3 c shortening
2 tsp vanilla
2 c brown sugar
3 eggs
2 c sifted flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 2/3 c rolled oats
1 c chocolate chips
1 1/3 c nuts

Cream shortening, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.  Sift dry ingredients together and add with the oats.  Add nuts and chocolate chips.  Drop on cookie sheet, you can top with a nut half if desired. Bake at 400 (375?) for 7-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment