Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Cucumber-Herb Rings

We love cucmbers in this family, and the cream cheese filling just made them yummier.  You can see that I didn't get the filling packed in tight enough on some of them, and that made the insides fall out.  I filled them from both sides, so there were air pockets.  I think if you just fill them from one side until it falls out the other side, you will have better luck.  If you are looking for an easy, but fancy, summer dish, this is a great one.


Cucumber-Herb Rings

1-2 cucumbers
4 oz cream cheese, softened
few drops lemon juice
paprika (I used about 1/8 tsp)
1 tsp mayonnaise
1 T each parsley, chive, and dill (I used fresh because I had them in my garden)

Peel the cucumber if you like, and slice into 2-3 inch sections.  Use a knife or melon baller to cut out the seeds.  Dry well.  Beat the rest of the ingredients together and use a baby spoon to fill the cucumbers.  Make sure you pack it tightly.  Chill for a few hours.  To serve, cut into slices; sprinkle with salt and paprika (I forgot this step).  Can be served on lettuce leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment