Thursday, June 27, 2013

Chinese Noodle Casserole by Pearl H

This casserole turned out much better than I expected.  Usually, I don't like this sort of thing, so I was very skeptical and planned to give it one star.  Instead, I'm giving it three, maybe four.

It smelled wonderful while it was baking, and it tasted good.  The crunchy noodles from the top of the casserole blended nicely with the other noodles in the middle.  The tastes work well, too.  My only problem was that it was VERY salty.  But I think that could be easily fixed.  I used a can of chicken, but if you used your own chicken breast, it would take away significant saltiness.  I used salted nuts, but once again, if you found unsalted nuts, that would help.  Also, I just used the Western Family regular soups, but if you used a Campbells low sodium, I think it would help, too.  Since the recipe was SO easy and quick to put together, I think it would be worth all that.  If only my youngest could eat the dairy in it!!!


Chinese Noodle Casserole by Pearl H.
1 can (Chinese) noodles
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/3 C cashews
1 can boned chicken or tuna
1/3 C diced celery
1/3 C diced onion

Combine soups with 1/3 C water.  Mix until smooth.  Add meat, celery, onions, and nuts (I guessed on all of these amounts since it seems like that kind of recipe).  Alternate layers of noodles and soup with noodles on top.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment