Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Sour Cream Gems by Marjorie C.


So, this recipe has an identity crisis.  It is in the cookie section, but I am pretty sure it is really a muffin, so I am labeling it as both.  I cooked a muffin tin worth and tried the rest as drop cookies to see what would happen, and they work fine both ways.  Obviously, I left out the nuts and raisins, so they could change the recipe a little.  We did feel that they could use a little salt.

Sour Cream Gems by Marjorie C.

1 c thick sour cream* (I think that means the kind I buy at the store)
1 c brown sugar
1 egg
1 c raisins
1/2 c walnuts
2 c flour
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp soda
Salt ?

Bream the sugar, sour cream and egg.  Sift dry ingredients, add slowly, and beat well.  Add raisins and nuts. Bake at 350, in greased cupcake tins, for 10-15 minutes.

*Can be made with 1 c sour milk and 1/2 c shortening instead of sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment