Monday, August 12, 2013

Deep Fry Cookies - Maurine G.

These cookies are quite tasty.  They are a cross between, Ebelskivers (spelled wrong but it won't give me the correct spelling) and Cake Donuts.  They were really quick to make and not much mess because I had everything I needed already.  The flavor is very pleasant.  I thought they would seem more greasy than they do.  I only made half of a recipe and got 14 cookies.  The main problem I had was the tempreture of the oil.  I started when I thought it was hot enough and it really wasn't.  The first two took a minute to start cooking.  The middle ones cooked very well and the grease got too hot by the last ones so the middle was not done.  If I make them again I would cook them a little lower temperature than donuts.  Maybe 325o and make sure the grease is really ready before I start frying. 

Deep Fry Cookies - Maurine G.

2  Eggs                                                                 2  C.  Sifted Flour
1/2  C. Sugar                                                        2  tsp. Baking Powder
1  Tbs. Grated Orange Peel                                  1 tsp.  Salt
2  Tbs.  Softened Butter                                        1/4  C. Orange Juice
1/4  C. Milk

 Beat eggs until thick, beat in sugar, orange peel and butter.  Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk and orange juice.  Drop batter by tsp. into deep fat frier and fry until light brown and turn frying 2nd side until light brown.  Drain on wire rack with newspaper underneith to catch the drips.  Dip in glaze while still hot.
Glaze
1  C. Powdered Sugar                                           2  Tbs. Orange Juice
1/4  tsp. Grated orange rind
Mix all ingredients until smooth and creamy.  Dip the cookies and allow to cool or eat warm like donuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment