Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pop Corn Balls - Maurine G. & Amanda P.

These are excellent.  My sister makes pop corn balls for Dad for Monday nights quite often and I think this is the recipe she uses.  No wonder she uses this, it is wonderful!!!  With me how can you go wrong with anything that is caramel.  The recipe does not say how much popcorn to pop so I did about 7-8 quarts I know it will work with this much because I almost made the wrong recipe.  I had the corn popped when I realized I was gathering the ingredients for the wrong one.  I shifted gears and moved forward.  The recipe covered the pop corn well and made a little over 2 doz. balls that were a little larger than a baseball but a little smaller than a softball.  A good sized helping of pop corn.  The recipe takes less than a half hour from start to finish.  That almost includes clean up.  Great treat!

Pop Corn Balls - Maurine G. & Amanda P.

2  2/3 C. Brown Sugar (1 lb.)                                   1  Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1  C. Karo Syrup                  
1  Cube Butter                                                          7-8  Quarts popped Pop Corn

Stir the first 3 ingredients together over med heat until dissolved.  Bring to a boil still stirring and add the condensed milk slowly, continuing to stir as not to stop the boiling candy.  Cook 5 min. stirring occasionally so candy does not burn or stir the whole 5 min.  Pour over popped corn and stir until all the corn is covered.  As soon as the mixture is cool enough to mold, butter your hands and make into balls quickly so they will stick together and place on waxed paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment