Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Vanilla Caramel Pecan Tools - Della G.



Let's just say a crystal dish was not my best choice for picture taking.  I thought I had cooked both the caramel and the fudge long enough but both were pretty soft so it was hard to roll up.  The nuts would not have helped so I left them off. 
I used White Fudge Nut Roll - Mildred M. on the previous page for the white fudge called for in the recipe. I think this would be a wonderful and pretty candy when cooked long enough.  I will probably add this to my Holiday Candy Making List.  When making fudge or stirred candies, I butter the sides of the pan before adding ingredients. (I added this in the instructions.)

Vanilla Caramel Pecan Rolls - Della G.

1/2  C. Brown Sugar                                        1/2  C. Cream
3/4  C. Sugar                                                   3/4  C. Canned Milk
3/4  C. Corn Syrup                                          1/3  C. Butter
1/8  tsp. Salt                                                    1  tsp. Vanilla

Butter the sides of the pan.  Combine sugars, syrup and cream in heavy saucepan and place over low heat, stirring occasionally until all the sugar is dissolved.  Remove from heat,  add butter and salt gradually.  Add evaporated milk stirring until well blended.  Continue cooking to a firm ball.  Remove from heat, add vanilla stirring only enough to blend.  Pour into lightly greased pan or cookie sheet to about 3/4" thick.  Make a white fudge recipe. (White Fudge Nut Roll - Mildred M.)  When fudge is cool, beat until mixture thickens, pour on caramel mixture and roll up like a jelly roll.  Roll in pecans and cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment